Translation of chocolate in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable a bar of chocolateuna pastilla or tableta de chocolateplain o dark o (American English) semi-sweet chocolatechocolate amargo→ milk chocolate(before noun) (egg)
de chocolateExample sentences1.2 countable (candy, sweet) a box of chocolates
una caja de bombones(before noun) chocolate liqueurbombón de licorExample sentences1.3 uncountable
- The only foods previously available were chocolate bars, candy, potato chips and pop.
- She enjoys Italian food, chocolate biscuits and reading endless amounts of books.
- Look, you do not need to coat the bottom of a chocolate chip cookie with chocolate.
also: drinking chocolatechocolate (masculine) or cacao (masculine) en polvoa cup of hot chocolateuna taza de chocolate
- You have to get a second mortgage in order to buy a small box of chocolates.
- When I was five, she bought me chocolates and chewing gum and we talked about cricket.
- All we were offered were packets of sweet custard creams and chocolates.
- 2 uncountable (color)color (masculine) chocolate
marrón (masculine) or (Chile) (Mexico) café (masculine) or (Colombia) carmelito (masculine) oscuroExample sentences
- Cysts are also likely to grow within the ovaries and these cysts are chocolate brown in colour.
- What was wrong with deep chocolate brown, or a lighter green to the usual wheelies?
- His eyes are this deep chocolate brown color, the type you could lose your mind in.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.