Translation of choice in Spanish:
- 1 countable or uncountable (act, option) freedom of choicelibertad (feminine) de elecciónI had a free choiceme dejaron elegiryou have a choice: either you leave now or I call the policeuna de dos: o se va ya o llamo a la policíaI had no choice but to obeyno tuve más remedio or alternativa que obedecerto make one's choice doctors have to make hard choices sometimeslos médicos a veces tienen que tomar decisiones difícilesby o from choiceI'm single by choiceno me he casado porque no he querido or por decisión propiaI would never have taken this job from choicesi fuera por mí, jamás habría aceptado este trabajoI don't work here out of choiceno es por (mi) gusto que trabajo aquíyou can take any two books of your choicepuede llevarse dos libros a elecciónExample sentences
- The capacity of consumers to drive efficiency can be undermined by an inability to make an informed choice between plans.
- Other findings showed that consumers wanted to be able to make an informed choice between GM and non-GM food.
- I had a choice between cancelling my appointment, or attempting the journey with one mirror.
- Garry was an ideal choice to present the prize on behalf of the slimming group because he lost two stones through their plan earlier this year.
- Particularly, chopsticks are also a good choice when people send presents to relatives and friends.
- The flight prize was an easy choice for the leading lawman with a long-standing interest in aviation.
- 2 2.1 countable (person, thing chosen) she's a possible choice for the jobes una de las candidatas posibles para el puestothe people's choicela elección del pueblohe's a bad choice as ambassadorsu nombramiento como embajador no es una elección acertadait was an unfortunate choice of wordsno fue la mejor manera de decirlothe choice of restaurant was a happy onela elección del restaurante fue muy acertada2.2 (variety) (no plural) to be spoiled for choice (British English) we're spoiled for choice as far as museums goen cuanto a museos, tenemos la suerte de tener muchísimosExample sentences
- The Boeing business jet also comes with a choice of interior decoration ranging from the basic to sumptuous.
- The choice of bar can range from a close-knit pub setting to a party animal's dream.
- Walkers set off from Cudham village on a choice of routes ranging from three to eight miles.
adjective choicer, choicest
- 1 (high-quality) (beef/veal)(in US) de primeraExample sentences
- Then he would eat his favourite food by picking off choice meat off of the bone of extra rare chicken tikkas.
- After Mass the guests were treated to refreshments, soup, sandwiches and a variety of other choice foods.
- It is considered very polite to occasionally select a choice morsel for the person sitting beside you or to place it on his or her plate.
- 2 (language/phrase) [literary] he used some choice language when he found out [ironic]soltó unas perlitas cuando se enteró [ironic]Example sentences
- The family was forced to move, and Yeats sent Lady Gregory a few choice words about his idolized beloved.
- But during his brief tenure, Thomson has had choice words for both the government and the opposition.
- Keane reacted angrily to a tackle from David Beckham and after pushing the England captain his manager had a few choice words.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.