Translation of choir in Spanish:
- 1 [Music/Música] coro (masculine) a male-voice choir un coro masculino a choir of angels un coro de ángeles (before noun/delante del nombre) choir practice ensayo (masculine) de coroExample sentences
- Many people sang in school or church choirs or in choral societies.
- In addition, few church musicians expose their choirs to the vast choral literature of Psalms settings that is readily available.
- And all of these families are the ones who buy the concert tickets, support the performing organizations and sing in their church choirs.
- A well-known but comparatively rare example in English music is Tallis's Spem in alium, for 40 voices in eight five-part choirs.
- As well as performing items from their own repertoires, both choirs will sing together on two pieces.
- Barbara T remembers the St Patrick's concert at which the choirs from the Catholic schools sang together dressed in long white muslin frocks with green shamrock crowns on their heads.
- They are on original instruments with small choirs, wonderfully balanced, and some of the finest Bach available.
- The company intends for the mics to be used on acoustic instruments and choirs, as well as drum overheads and percussion.
- The host school itself has six groups taking part a brass band, brass ensemble, junior brass trio and brass quintet, as well as a wind band and a clarinet choir.
- 2 (part of church) coro (masculine)Example sentences
- There was possibly a sense that in comparison to the magnificent new transepts and nave the choir itself, once so widely acclaimed, was no longer splendid enough.
- Brown also does not know the difference between a nave and a choir in church architecture.
- It was a French architect, William of Sens, who was called in to rebuild the choir of Canterbury Cathedral after the fire of 1174.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A patera is a boat with a shallow draft, used by illegal immigrants, known as balseros, to cross the Straits of Gibraltar from Morocco to southern Spain.