- (Music) major/minor chordacorde mayor/menorit touches some common chord in all of usnos llega a todosExample sentences
- From the tramping funeral rhythm of the opening movement to the ominous major - minor chords of the finale, the symphony offers precious little respite from its tragic purpose.
- Prokofiev's daunting cluster chords and rapid fire pianistic flourishes held no terrors for her.
- The top note of the chord identifies major, while the middle note identifies minor.
- 1 (Mathematics)Example sentences
- He found the length of an arc of the cycloid using an exhaustion proof based on dissections to reduce the problem to summing segments of chords of a circle which are in geometric progression.
- He wrote on the computation of sines and chords.
- The angle at the centre of a circle is twice the angle at the circumference from the same chord.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.