Translation of chortle in Spanish:
- to chortle (
oversomething)reírse ( dealgo) (con satisfacción)Example sentences
- His rapt audience, 16 Indian cricket players in blue blazers, chortled in approval, and later took turns to pump the general's hand.
- My wife chortled and guffawed too, but neither of us can explain why it works.
- You've probably chortled to yourself as you realised your mistake.
- Example sentences
- But the chortles, chuckles and giggles are part of a much more serious project.
- The moments when the camera zooms in on Max's conniving face usually sparked a chortle of laughter from my son.
- All laughter is highly stereotyped, and our giggles, chortles, and guffaws - even if their context or sonic structure conveys irony or other emotional nuances - are variations on one basic theme.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.