Translation of christen in Spanish:
- 1.1 (baptize) we christened him Danielle pusimos Daniello bautizamos con el nombre de DanielExample sentences1.2 (use for first time)
(especially British English) [colloquial]Example sentences
- The baby was christened in the Holy Family Church and will be called Niamh Mary.
- She had twice asked a vicar to christen the baby.
- She was born on June 16, 1886, and christened Helen Nora Wilson Low.
- Brown made his Yorkshire debut in the first friendly of the season against Derbyshire at Scarborough's South Cliff Golf Club, where several new holes were christened in the inter-county exchange.
- I'm so glad I brought my walking pole, it's great for measuring bog depth before you leap in, my new boots have been well and truly christened now.
- Several drinks later, comes the worst part of the day - what seems like a half-day trek through the mud, in the dark, uphill, to our tent in the newly christened Strummer field.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the