Translation of churn in Spanish:
- 1.1 (for making butter) mantequera (feminine)Example sentences1.2 (milk can) (British English/inglés británico) lechera (feminine), tarro (masculine) de leche (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) , cantina (feminine) (Colombia)
- Mothers made butter from milk, they mixed the milk in a butter churn.
- Some of them saw us and paused at their chores, resting behind their ploughs or looking up from butter churns and gardens.
- In the center of the room stands an enormous stainless steel churn, a giant horizontal spatula on wheels to remove the butter from the churn, and a boat, or trough, into which the spatula unloads its haul.
- The milk was offered from a metal churn and the ladles hung from it.
- When he had finished, he poured the milk into the big churns and washed the buckets.
- I started when I was nine years old going round with my father with a horse and float with milk churns.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- [liquid/water] arremolinarse; [wheels/propeller] girar rápidamente the churning sea el mar revuelto my stomach was churning tenía un nudo en el estómago
churn outverb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object/verbo + complemento + adverbio, verbo + adverbio + complemento [colloquial/familiar] producir* como salchichas [colloquial/familiar]
churn upverb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object/verbo + complemento + adverbio, verbo + adverbio + complemento revolver* I felt all churned up inside tenía un nudo en el estómago
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Mexican politics, a prospective party candidate for the presidency is called a tapado. Candidates traditionally emerge from within the party but their identity is not revealed until the candidate is officially declared: they remain tapados (hidden), thus arousing a great deal of speculation. Under the rule of the