- 1 (for parcels, coal, refuse) tolva (feminine), vertedor (masculine), ducto (masculine) (Urug) ; (for toboggans) rampa (feminine); (in swimming pool, amusement park) tobogán (masculine), rodadero (masculine) (Colombia)Example sentences
- But modern-day swimming pool chutes and ponies captured the imagination and attention of the youngsters.
- If it is successful it would mean the new baths being built just yards away from the old £5 million Water Place with its water chutes and fun pool, which is soon to be bulldozed.
- These are three towering water chutes, in varying levels of steepness, down which you plunge in a rubber dinghy.
- 2 (for animals) pasadizo (masculine), brete (masculine) (Southern Cone/Cono Sur)Example sentences
- The pill slides down the chute into a flexible tube leading to the patient's mouth.
- Facility workers use front-end loaders to shove the trash into two floor chutes, which funnel it to a lower level.
- Disabled people could also be lowered down the chutes more slowly in stretchers.