Translation of cinnamon in Spanish:
- 1.1 [Cookery/Cocina] canela (feminine)Example sentences1.2 (color) canela (masculine); (before noun/delante del nombre) canela (invariable adjective/adjetivo invariable)
- The spices used were ground cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, clove, and cardamom, along with tea leaves.
- For the spiced cakes, I added a bit of ground cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, cardamom, and ginger, along with a minced chili pepper.
- Pilau is a delicious dish of rice spiced with curry, cinnamon, cumin, hot peppers, and cloves.
- Sally deduced that the colours Jane should be wearing were light colours with some warmth, such as peach, beige, caramel, cinnamon, and apricot.
- His shoulders and chest were covered in cinnamon coloured freckles.
- The huge cinnamon and gold suite next door features a grand piano.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Radio broadcasting in Spain began in the 1920s. The state-run Radio Nacional de España (RNE) was established during the Civil War. There are many private radio stations and they compete fiercely. Radio personalities are paid huge salaries, out of which they employ the staff for their programs.