Translation of cipher in Spanish:
- 1 countable or uncountable (code) a message written in cipherun mensaje cifrado or en claveExample sentences
- The enciphering and deciphering of messages in secret code or cipher is called cryptology.
- Wilkins worked on codes and ciphers, publishing his work in 1641.
- She was transferred to work on coding and cyphers supervised by Bletchley Park.
- 3 countable (nonentity) [pejorative]he/she is a mere cipherExample sentences
- Governors have become mere cyphers for the decision-makers - often people with little or no practical experience of the problems faced by prison administrations.
- Astrid throughout remains a mere cipher, a beautiful woman with a crooked smile whom the narrator met while he was a student.
- She challenges the assumption that actors are mere ciphers channeling the influence of directors and writers.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.