Translation of cipher in Spanish:
- 1 c and u (code) clave (feminine), cifra (feminine) a message written in cipher un mensaje cifrado or en claveExample sentences
- The enciphering and deciphering of messages in secret code or cipher is called cryptology.
- Wilkins worked on codes and ciphers, publishing his work in 1641.
- She was transferred to work on coding and cyphers supervised by Bletchley Park.
- 3 countable/numerable (nonentity) [pejorative/peyorativo] he/she is a mere cipher es un cero a la izquierdaExample sentences
- Governors have become mere cyphers for the decision-makers - often people with little or no practical experience of the problems faced by prison administrations.
- Astrid throughout remains a mere cipher, a beautiful woman with a crooked smile whom the narrator met while he was a student.
- She challenges the assumption that actors are mere ciphers channeling the influence of directors and writers.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Radio broadcasting in Spain began in the 1920s. The state-run Radio Nacional de España (RNE) was established during the Civil War. There are many private radio stations and they compete fiercely. Radio personalities are paid huge salaries, out of which they employ the staff for their programs.