Translation of circle in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (shape) to draw a circletrazar un círculo or una circunferenciato come/go full circlevolver al punto de partidafashion has now come full circlela moda ha dado un giro completoto go/run around (and around) in circlesthe negotiations seem to be going around in circleslas negociaciones están estancadas or en un ( or una) impassewe're just running around in circlesasí no vamos a llegar a ninguna parteI was running around in circles trying to get everything readyestaba (dando vueltas) como loco tratando de tenerlo todo listoto square the circlehacer lo imposible
tratar de lograr la cuadratura del círculoExample sentences1.2 (of trees, houses, mountains) 1.3 (around eye)
ojera (feminine)Example sentences
- I don't know how they get white meat packed into the neat circles or oval shapes that they make chicken sandwich out of.
- When the petals fall a large circle of beautifully shaped brown seeds are left arrayed in spirograph formation.
- The beam of light aimed at the circle was in the shape of a circle.
- His hair was wild, and dark circles hung below his eyes.
- Her eyes were weary and bloodshot with deep dark circles under them.
- I see dark circles under my bloodshot blue eyes and wrinkles from at least four years of undue stress.
- 2 (British) (Theatre)dress circleprimer piso (masculine)
platea (feminine) altaExample sentences
- In the normal geometry of flat space, the diameter of a circle is its circumference divided by pi.
- Pi, the ratio between a circle's diameter and circumference, has fascinated mathematicians for centuries.
- We will locate a marker on the circumference of a circle.
- 3 (group) their circle of friends/acquaintancessu círculo de amigos/conocidosin political/military circlesen círculos políticos/militaresin business circles in other circlesen otros mediosExample sentences
- I prefer a few close friends to a wide circle of acquaintances.
- And at weekends they spend their hard-earned cash in pubs and clubs with a wide circle of interesting, cosmopolitan friends.
- Little by little he forges around himself a circle of acquaintances and friends.
- 1 (move around)dar vueltas alrededor dewe circled the landing sitesobrevolamos en círculo el lugar de aterrizajeExample sentences
- Round and around they circled each other, lunging, stepping back, attacking and then defending.
- Two dogs were circling each other in the enclosed space.
- Turning to a working radar, we immediately spotted little white dots circling nearby Alcatraz Island.
- Seen from space, an aurora appears as a ring of energy circling a planet's polar region.
- The steel fence circling the ‘promised land’ looked rather imposing.
- Their house will be circled, surrounded.
- 2 (draw circle around)(mistake/number)
trazar un círculo alrededor deExample sentences
- As he held the classified section toward me, I noticed a hastily drawn line circling one of the ads.
- Answer by circling the response that best describes you: Agree, Unsure, or Disagree
- She went through the ads with her pen, circling some and putting a single line alongside others.
- dar vueltas(aircraft/bird)to circle
volar en círculos
aroundsomethingdar vueltas alrededor dealgo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.