Translation of circuit in Spanish:
- 1 (passage around) the circuit of the islands takes 3 hoursthe moon's circuit of o around the earthel recorrido or el tour de las islas dura tres horasthe athlete ran six circuits of the trackla órbita de la luna alrededor de la tierrael atleta dio seis vueltas a la pistaExample sentences
- The circuit was almost finished, and I was second.
- He finished a circuit around the main square.
- Grunting, he picked up one sack, bearing it with him as he finished the circuit of the booths.
- 2 2.1 (Law)2.2 (series of dates, events)distrito (masculine) or territorio (masculine) jurisdiccionalExample sentences
- A growing theatre company is developing its circuit of rural venues by bringing a piece of contemporary dynamite to local stages.
- She secured the coveted title of Sports Personality of the Year based on her outstanding performances on the international circuit last year.
- The comedian has been a regular performer at major venues on the national circuit.
- The country was divided by Henry II into six judicial circuits for the purpose of bringing royal justice to all regions.
- Six tourism circuits will be identified for development to international standards during 2002-03.
- The commissioners were major lay and ecclesiastical lords with only small landholdings in the shires of the circuit.
- 3 (Electricity) parallel/series circuitcircuito en paralelo/serieExample sentences
- He had learned that an inductance coil was a closed circuit with no current of its own.
- When the charges connect, effectively closing a circuit, electric energy flows along that jagged path.
- When air is brought into contact with the second electrode, current flows through any circuit linking the two electrodes.
- She cannot list the major components in an electrical circuit even though they were described in the chapter.
- Power electronics technology uses electronic circuits to convert and control electric energy with optimum efficiency.
- The components of the circuit are checked against specific parameters.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.