- 1 (passage around) recorrido (m), vuelta (f) the circuit of the islands takes 3 hours el recorrido or el tour de las islas dura tres horas the moon's circuit of o around the earth la órbita de la luna alrededor de la tierra the athlete ran six circuits of the track el atleta dio seis vueltas a la pistaMore example sentences
- The circuit was almost finished, and I was second.
- He finished a circuit around the main square.
- Grunting, he picked up one sack, bearing it with him as he finished the circuit of the booths.
- 2 2.1 [Law/Derecho] distrito (m) or territorio (m) jurisdiccional 2.2 (series of dates, events) circuito (masculine)More example sentences
More example sentences
- A growing theatre company is developing its circuit of rural venues by bringing a piece of contemporary dynamite to local stages.
- She secured the coveted title of Sports Personality of the Year based on her outstanding performances on the international circuit last year.
- The comedian has been a regular performer at major venues on the national circuit.
- The country was divided by Henry II into six judicial circuits for the purpose of bringing royal justice to all regions.
- Six tourism circuits will be identified for development to international standards during 2002-03.
- The commissioners were major lay and ecclesiastical lords with only small landholdings in the shires of the circuit.
- 3 [Electricity/Electricidad] circuito (masculine) parallel/series circuit circuito en paralelo/serieMore example sentences
More example sentences
- He had learned that an inductance coil was a closed circuit with no current of its own.
- When the charges connect, effectively closing a circuit, electric energy flows along that jagged path.
- When air is brought into contact with the second electrode, current flows through any circuit linking the two electrodes.
- She cannot list the major components in an electrical circuit even though they were described in the chapter.
- Power electronics technology uses electronic circuits to convert and control electric energy with optimum efficiency.
- The components of the circuit are checked against specific parameters.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain the term castellano, rather than español, refers to the Spanish language as opposed to Catalan, Basque etc. The choice of word has political overtones: castellano has separatist connotations and español is considered centralist. In Latin America castellano is the usual term for Spanish.