- 1 (passage around) recorrido (masculine), vuelta (feminine) the circuit of the islands takes 3 hours el recorrido or el tour de las islas dura tres horas the moon's circuit of o around the earth la órbita de la luna alrededor de la tierra the athlete ran six circuits of the track el atleta dio seis vueltas a la pistaMore example sentences
- The circuit was almost finished, and I was second.
- He finished a circuit around the main square.
- Grunting, he picked up one sack, bearing it with him as he finished the circuit of the booths.
- 2 2.1 [Law/Derecho] distrito (masculine) or territorio (masculine) jurisdiccional 2.2 (series of dates, events) circuito (masculine)More example sentences
More example sentences
- A growing theatre company is developing its circuit of rural venues by bringing a piece of contemporary dynamite to local stages.
- She secured the coveted title of Sports Personality of the Year based on her outstanding performances on the international circuit last year.
- The comedian has been a regular performer at major venues on the national circuit.
- The country was divided by Henry II into six judicial circuits for the purpose of bringing royal justice to all regions.
- Six tourism circuits will be identified for development to international standards during 2002-03.
- The commissioners were major lay and ecclesiastical lords with only small landholdings in the shires of the circuit.
- 3 [Electricity/Electricidad] circuito (masculine) parallel/series circuit circuito en paralelo/serieMore example sentences
More example sentences
- He had learned that an inductance coil was a closed circuit with no current of its own.
- When the charges connect, effectively closing a circuit, electric energy flows along that jagged path.
- When air is brought into contact with the second electrode, current flows through any circuit linking the two electrodes.
- She cannot list the major components in an electrical circuit even though they were described in the chapter.
- Power electronics technology uses electronic circuits to convert and control electric energy with optimum efficiency.
- The components of the circuit are checked against specific parameters.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, a ración is a serving of food eaten in a bar or cafe, generally with a drink. Friends or relatives meet in a bar or cafe, order a number of raciones, and share them.