Translation of circumstance in Spanish:
- 1 (condition, fact) owing to circumstances beyond our controlaggravating/extenuating/exonerating circumstancesdebido a circunstancias ajenas a nuestra voluntadin o under the circumstances in o under no circumstancescircunstancias agravantes/atenuantes/eximentesin certain circumstancesbajo ningún conceptobajo ninguna circunstanciain o under normal circumstancesen algunas circunstanciasen circunstancias normalesExample sentences
- In my view it was an opinion which is justified by the particular circumstances of the case.
- But the judgment whether exceptional circumstances exist is not quantitative only, but may be qualitative also.
- They have just faxed us to say there are unable to travel because of unforeseen circumstances beyond their control.
- 2also: circumstances plural(financial position) See examples: a gentleman in reduced o straitened circumstancesa person in my circumstancesun caballero venido a menossee also → pompuna persona en mi situación or posición económica
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.