Translation of circumstance in Spanish:
- 1 (condition, fact) circunstancia (feminine) owing to circumstances beyond our control debido a circunstancias ajenas a nuestra voluntad aggravating/extenuating/exonerating circumstances circunstancias agravantes/atenuantes/eximentes in o under the circumstances dadas las circunstancias in o under no circumstances bajo ningún concepto, bajo ninguna circunstancia in certain circumstances en algunas circunstancias in o under normal circumstances en circunstancias normalesExample sentences
- In my view it was an opinion which is justified by the particular circumstances of the case.
- But the judgment whether exceptional circumstances exist is not quantitative only, but may be qualitative also.
- They have just faxed us to say there are unable to travel because of unforeseen circumstances beyond their control.
- 2(circumstances plural)(financial position) a gentleman in reduced o straitened circumstances un caballero venido a menos a person in my circumstances una persona en mi situación or posición económica see also pomp
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Spain's literary renaissance, known as the Golden Age (Siglo de Oro/i>), roughly covers the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries. It includes the Italian-influenced poetry of figures such as Garcilaso de la Vega; the religious verse of Fray Luis de León, Santa Teresa de Ávila and San Juan de la Cruz; picaresque novels such as the anonymous Lazarillo de Tormes and Quevedo's Buscón; Miguel de Cervantes' immortal Don Quijote; the theater of Lope de Vega, and the ornate poetry of Luis de Góngora.