- 1.1 [authorities] civil; [leader] de la ciudad a civic event un acto municipal oficialMore example sentences1.2 [duty/virtues/education] cívico
More example sentences
- Such concerns pushed civic leaders toward municipal control of those networks.
- Perhaps a few people involved in civic administration might feel more important if we became a city but I oppose the idea.
- Why has a city of 14 million allowed a civic administration of a few thousand to hold it to ransom?
- The aim of the competition is to recognise improvements made by local communities to create civic pride in their area.
- There is no older civic duty than public participation in the law.
- The least satisfactory aspect concerned the civic virtue of locals.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
The Chilean presidential palace in the capital, Santiago, is called Palacio de la Moneda.