Translation of civil in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (of society, citizens)Example sentences1.2 (not military)
- Specific mission requirements also require the additional task organization of military police, civil affairs, and aviation assets.
- The second use of the Law concerns civil matters.
- But the link between civil aviation deals and military follow-ups is well established.
- When the activities of a public body, or individual, are relevant to a private law dispute in civil proceedings, public law may in a similar way provide answers which are relevant to the resolution of the private law issue.
- The January 2003 agreement was signed prior to the commencement of any civil proceedings.
- With no criminal proceedings pending in the case, the family instituted civil proceedings.
- 2 (polite)(reply/remark)that's very civil of you
cortéses muy gentil de su parteExample sentences
- The point of being polite or civil to another human being is not to demonstrate superiority, it is to demonstrate respect.
- I'll be polite and civil to him, and I honestly don't think he wants anything more than that.
- Whatever his problem may be, he does not belong in a service occupation if he cannot act in a civil and courteous manner toward his guests.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.