Translation of civil in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (of society, citizens) civilExample sentences1.2 (not military) [government/aviation] civil 1.3 [Law/Derecho] [case/suit] civil
- Specific mission requirements also require the additional task organization of military police, civil affairs, and aviation assets.
- The second use of the Law concerns civil matters.
- But the link between civil aviation deals and military follow-ups is well established.
- When the activities of a public body, or individual, are relevant to a private law dispute in civil proceedings, public law may in a similar way provide answers which are relevant to the resolution of the private law issue.
- The January 2003 agreement was signed prior to the commencement of any civil proceedings.
- With no criminal proceedings pending in the case, the family instituted civil proceedings.
- 2 (polite) [reply/remark] cortés that's very civil of you es muy gentil de su parteExample sentences
- The point of being polite or civil to another human being is not to demonstrate superiority, it is to demonstrate respect.
- I'll be polite and civil to him, and I honestly don't think he wants anything more than that.
- Whatever his problem may be, he does not belong in a service occupation if he cannot act in a civil and courteous manner toward his guests.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.