Translation of clamor in Spanish:
- 1 (noise)Example sentences
- But underneath all the clamor and the noise, a single heart beats.
- The noise had reached a clamour, and the smoke was making their eyes water.
- With each passing moment, as the horizon became a little brighter, the clamor became louder, until all the knights of the camp were up and about, making ready for their departure.
- 2 (outcry) clamor
for/ againstsomethingthe clamor for increased subsidieslas voces que reclamaban un aumento en las subvencionesthe public clamor against her appointmentel clamor popular contra su nombramientoExample sentences
- ‘The clamour for early interest rate increases is unjustified and potentially dangerous, particularly for manufacturing,’ he said.
- Many locals also work with the international agencies, and are well off by past standards, although the clamour for more jobs in an economy with high unemployment is intense.
- In view of the clamour for more public spending, especially on health, transport and education, the Chancellor is seen as more likely to choose to boost public expenditure than cut taxes.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.