Translation of clamp in Spanish:
- 2 (Medicine)pinza (feminine)
- 4also: wheel clamp(British English)
- 1 (join, fasten)sujetar con abrazaderasExample sentences
- To make a bolt, a smith clamped the screw plate onto a rod of cold, soft iron and turned it down the rod.
- I clamp a steel straight edge in a vise and just draw the surface over the steel edge a few times.
- Plan your cuts so that the direction of the wood grain parallels the long edges and clamp a straightedge to the plywood to guide your cuts.
- My hands convulsively clenched, my teeth clamped together, my nostrils flared, my lips curled, and a red mist descended in front of my eyes.
- ‘What you mean is that you would like to stay the night’ Raven nodded, lips clamped together tight.
- His hands clamped together between his knees, making his knuckles turn white as thoughts tumbled through his head.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.