- 1.1 u and c (wine) burdeos (masculine), clarete (masculine)More example sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (color) granate (masculine)
More example sentences
- His cellar in Glasgow is still filled with clarets, Champagnes, white Burgundies and Gaja Barbarescos, most of them bought in London.
- One wine writer of the old school refused to partner his great vintage clarets with smelly French cheeses, believing the pair to clash horribly.
- True to form, the finished 2003 wines delivered record-breaking levels of tannin, sugar and alcohol; many châteaux have made clarets weighing in at 15 per cent-plus alcohol, as in Australia and California.
- ‘They can wear rich, jewel-like colours such as claret, emerald or very, very deep creams,’ she advises.
- Floral tributes - from a single white rose to huge bouquets of mixed blooms - left the memorial covered with a carpet of the club's colours of claret and amber as flowers, shirts and scarves were laid in memory of those who died.
- Matthew's character Neville and Harry Potter are both in Gryffyndor house whose team colours are claret and amber.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Guernica is a Basque town destroyed by German bombers fighting on the Nationalist side in the Spanish Civil War in April 1937.