Translation of classical in Spanish:
- 1 (of Greece, Rome)(myths/architecture)a classical scholar
clásicoun humanista especializado en lenguas clásicasExample sentences
- He teaches Greek and Latin at all levels, along with courses in classical mythology and Greek literature and culture.
- However, there were other Church Fathers who defended the value of studying classical literature and philosophy.
- But the balance in the secondary schools of Europe was overwhelmingly in favour of classical culture.
- An educational program was set up, and promising youth were sent on government-sponsored tours of Europe to learn about classical art and architecture.
- Here, his great palace imitated and even incorporated examples of late classical art and architecture.
- I'd been traveling across Greece and Turkey with a small group of college students, studying Byzantine and classical art and architecture.
- 3 (traditional)(theory/idea/methods)
- This piece is also the furthest from the traditional style of classical ballet and offers a good reflection of the state of contemporary ballet.
- But one thing is clear: The mood is frivolous, with most designers steering clear of traditional and classical styles and opting instead for adventure.
- It is within such a classical critical tradition of a crisis of ideology that the declining confrontations of labor and capital has brought more radical consequences.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.