Translation of cleanup in Spanish:
noun no plural
- 1.1 (clean) the cleanup after the nuclear disasterlas operaciones de limpieza luego del desastre nuclearExample sentences1.2 (of crime, corruption) (before noun) cleanup campaign
campaña (feminine) contra la delincuencia ( or la corrupción etc)Example sentences1.3 (large profit)
- In August, the Wilderness Hiking Association launched a clean-up campaign to clean the Fish River Canyon.
- Their efforts will go beyond delivering pep-talks and will extend to involving people in developing waste-reduction and recycling activities and encouraging community clean-ups and environmental improvements.
- You are encouraged to help identify flotsam sources, get involved in local beach clean-ups and campaign for responsible disposal of waste by marine industries.
(American English) [colloquial]
- The clean-up rate for crimes stood at a mere 20.8%.
- Political considerations, apparently, have delayed a clean-up of the most serious twin crimes of any bureaucracy - inefficiency and corruption.
- The clean-up operation involved searching the buildings and targeting criminals operating from the buildings.
tajada (feminine) [colloquial]
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.