Translation of cleanup in Spanish:
noun/nombre(no plural/sin plural)
- 1.1 (clean) limpieza (feminine) the cleanup after the nuclear disaster las operaciones de limpieza luego del desastre nuclearExample sentences1.2 (of crime, corruption) limpieza (feminine) (before noun/delante del nombre) cleanup campaign campaña (feminine) contra la delincuencia ( or la corrupción etc)
Example sentences1.3 (large profit) (American English/inglés norteamericano) [colloquial/familiar], tajada (feminine) [colloquial/familiar]
- In August, the Wilderness Hiking Association launched a clean-up campaign to clean the Fish River Canyon.
- Their efforts will go beyond delivering pep-talks and will extend to involving people in developing waste-reduction and recycling activities and encouraging community clean-ups and environmental improvements.
- You are encouraged to help identify flotsam sources, get involved in local beach clean-ups and campaign for responsible disposal of waste by marine industries.
- The clean-up rate for crimes stood at a mere 20.8%.
- Political considerations, apparently, have delayed a clean-up of the most serious twin crimes of any bureaucracy - inefficiency and corruption.
- The clean-up operation involved searching the buildings and targeting criminals operating from the buildings.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Primaria is the name given in Spain to the first of the two compulsory levels of education. It is for pupils between six and twelve years of age and leads to the