- 1.1 (clean) limpieza (f) the cleanup after the nuclear disaster las operaciones de limpieza luego del desastre nuclearMore example sentences1.2 (of crime, corruption) limpieza (f) (before n) cleanup campaign campaña (f) contra la delincuencia ( or la corrupción etc)
More example sentences1.3 (large profit) (AmE) [colloquial/familiar], tajada (f) [familiar/colloquial]
- In August, the Wilderness Hiking Association launched a clean-up campaign to clean the Fish River Canyon.
- Their efforts will go beyond delivering pep-talks and will extend to involving people in developing waste-reduction and recycling activities and encouraging community clean-ups and environmental improvements.
- You are encouraged to help identify flotsam sources, get involved in local beach clean-ups and campaign for responsible disposal of waste by marine industries.
- The clean-up rate for crimes stood at a mere 20.8%.
- Political considerations, apparently, have delayed a clean-up of the most serious twin crimes of any bureaucracy - inefficiency and corruption.
- The clean-up operation involved searching the buildings and targeting criminals operating from the buildings.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
Today is a public holiday in Peru (Día de la Independencia)