Translation of cleanup in Spanish:
noun (no plural)
- 1.1 (clean) the cleanup after the nuclear disasterlas operaciones de limpieza luego del desastre nuclearExample sentences1.2 (of crime, corruption) (before noun) cleanup campaign
campaña (feminine) contra la delincuencia ( or la corrupción etc)Example sentences1.3 (large profit)
- In August, the Wilderness Hiking Association launched a clean-up campaign to clean the Fish River Canyon.
- Their efforts will go beyond delivering pep-talks and will extend to involving people in developing waste-reduction and recycling activities and encouraging community clean-ups and environmental improvements.
- You are encouraged to help identify flotsam sources, get involved in local beach clean-ups and campaign for responsible disposal of waste by marine industries.
(American English) [colloquial]
- The clean-up rate for crimes stood at a mere 20.8%.
- Political considerations, apparently, have delayed a clean-up of the most serious twin crimes of any bureaucracy - inefficiency and corruption.
- The clean-up operation involved searching the buildings and targeting criminals operating from the buildings.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.