Translation of cleanup in Spanish:
noun/nombre(no plural/sin plural)
- 1.1 (clean) limpieza (feminine) the cleanup after the nuclear disaster las operaciones de limpieza luego del desastre nuclearExample sentences1.2 (of crime, corruption) limpieza (feminine) (before noun/delante del nombre) cleanup campaign campaña (feminine) contra la delincuencia ( or la corrupción etc)
Example sentences1.3 (large profit) (American English/inglés norteamericano) [colloquial/familiar], tajada (feminine) [colloquial/familiar]
- In August, the Wilderness Hiking Association launched a clean-up campaign to clean the Fish River Canyon.
- Their efforts will go beyond delivering pep-talks and will extend to involving people in developing waste-reduction and recycling activities and encouraging community clean-ups and environmental improvements.
- You are encouraged to help identify flotsam sources, get involved in local beach clean-ups and campaign for responsible disposal of waste by marine industries.
- The clean-up rate for crimes stood at a mere 20.8%.
- Political considerations, apparently, have delayed a clean-up of the most serious twin crimes of any bureaucracy - inefficiency and corruption.
- The clean-up operation involved searching the buildings and targeting criminals operating from the buildings.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the