Translation of clearance in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable (authorization)(from customs)she has clearance to inspect the documentsdespacho (masculine) de aduanato get o obtain clearance from somebodyestá autorizada para inspeccionar los documentosconseguir or obtener autorización de alguienExample sentences
- If the project gets clearance from the authorities concerned, the matches could be held during December and January depending upon availability of players, the sources said.
- Don't abandon your shelters until you're given clearance by the local authorities.
- If you believe your husband is sincere in his permission, then you have a kind of moral clearance to proceed, if you choose to.
- 2 uncountable (free space) 3m clearance on either side3m de espacio a cada ladoExample sentences
- The smooth curvature allows plenty of cornering clearance.
- The wire rings add just enough space to create enough clearance between the boards, while still allowing us to put 16 boards in the lunchbox.
- Those 14 record entries are the most in history by a woman and included the first ever clearance of 6 feet.
- 3 uncountable (of building land)Example sentences
- It will become a criminal offence to carry out damaging works such as road building, tree clearance or pond drainage without the consent of English Nature.
- She aids him in everything from land clearance to castle building.
- The extensive sale of royal forests and land clearance for agriculture also had their effect on the oaks.
- 4 uncountable (of stock)Example sentences
- Neither had obtained prior entry clearance to the United Kingdom as required.
- The container has since arrived in Valparaiso where they are awaiting customs clearance.
- A widower, he wanted my help in getting entry clearance for his second wife, from Pakistan.
- 5 uncountable (of check)Example sentences
- The divergence in the transactions covered under the umbrella of money transfer orders contrasts with the system built around cheques and their clearance through banking channels.
- For more than 11 days the six banks were excluded from the daily inter-bank clearance of cheques.
- While I was waiting for the last item to go through cheque clearance I put a paperback book up, just to try the market.
- 6 countable (in soccer)Example sentences
- However, if luck had to be on their side they would have won by a least another five goals as the crossbar and goal line clearances saved the home side from a hammering.
- For the next five minutes it was all Stretford and it was down to some goal line clearances and the post to keep the score at 1-1.
- Around ten minutes into the second half, a testing series of corners was swung in underneath the cross bar requiring four goal line clearances in a frantic few minutes.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.