Translation of clearance in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable (authorization)(from customs) despacho (masculine) de aduanashe has clearance to inspect the documentsestá autorizada para inspeccionar los documentosto get o obtain clearance from somebodyconseguir or obtener autorización de alguienExample sentences
- If the project gets clearance from the authorities concerned, the matches could be held during December and January depending upon availability of players, the sources said.
- Don't abandon your shelters until you're given clearance by the local authorities.
- If you believe your husband is sincere in his permission, then you have a kind of moral clearance to proceed, if you choose to.
- 2 uncountable (free space) 3m clearance on either side3m de espacio a cada ladoExample sentences
- The smooth curvature allows plenty of cornering clearance.
- The wire rings add just enough space to create enough clearance between the boards, while still allowing us to put 16 boards in the lunchbox.
- Those 14 record entries are the most in history by a woman and included the first ever clearance of 6 feet.
- 3 uncountable (of building land)Example sentences
- It will become a criminal offence to carry out damaging works such as road building, tree clearance or pond drainage without the consent of English Nature.
- She aids him in everything from land clearance to castle building.
- The extensive sale of royal forests and land clearance for agriculture also had their effect on the oaks.
- 4 uncountable (of stock)Example sentences
- Neither had obtained prior entry clearance to the United Kingdom as required.
- The container has since arrived in Valparaiso where they are awaiting customs clearance.
- A widower, he wanted my help in getting entry clearance for his second wife, from Pakistan.
- 5 uncountable (of check)Example sentences
- The divergence in the transactions covered under the umbrella of money transfer orders contrasts with the system built around cheques and their clearance through banking channels.
- For more than 11 days the six banks were excluded from the daily inter-bank clearance of cheques.
- While I was waiting for the last item to go through cheque clearance I put a paperback book up, just to try the market.
- 6 countable (in soccer)Example sentences
- However, if luck had to be on their side they would have won by a least another five goals as the crossbar and goal line clearances saved the home side from a hammering.
- For the next five minutes it was all Stretford and it was down to some goal line clearances and the post to keep the score at 1-1.
- Around ten minutes into the second half, a testing series of corners was swung in underneath the cross bar requiring four goal line clearances in a frantic few minutes.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.