- 1 (in forest) claro (masculine)More example sentences
- Forest openings and clearings and agricultural areas are also good habitat for the Western Bluebird.
- They are common in forest clearings, wetlands, edges, residential areas, orchards, and stands of Russian olive.
- She led them to a small, grassy clearing in the middle of a wooded area.
- 2 [Finance/Finanzas] (of checks) compensación (feminine)
- 3 [Education/Educación] (in UK universities)proceso por el cual las universidades británicas rellenan las vacantes que tengan con los solicitantes que lleguen tarde o que no han obtenido las notas requeridas por su institución preferidaMore example sentences
- Students going through clearing should make themselves available because admissions tutors will want to talk to them rather than their parents.
- Universities you approach during clearing will ask for these.
- We're now into the university clearing season.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
The Lotería Nacional is a Spanish state-run lottery founded in 1812. There is an