- 1 (in forest)Example sentences
- Forest openings and clearings and agricultural areas are also good habitat for the Western Bluebird.
- They are common in forest clearings, wetlands, edges, residential areas, orchards, and stands of Russian olive.
- She led them to a small, grassy clearing in the middle of a wooded area.
- uncountable (in UK universities)(proceso por el cual las universidades británicas rellenan las vacantes que tengan con los solicitantes que lleguen tarde o que no han obtenido las notas requeridas por su institución preferida)Example sentences
- Students going through clearing should make themselves available because admissions tutors will want to talk to them rather than their parents.
- Universities you approach during clearing will ask for these.
- We're now into the university clearing season.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.