Translation of cleavage in Spanish:
nouncountable and uncountable
- 2 (Biology)Example sentences
- The cells deriving from cleavage divisions are often called blastomeres.
- The transparent, 100-m-diameter oocyte is fertilized and undergoes rapid mitotic cleavage cycles.
- For a successful division to take place the cell has to determine the location, where to separate, and the point of time to start cell cleavage.
- 3 (in rock)Example sentences
- Where possible, flawed sections are removed and larger crystals cut into smaller pieces with minimal wastage by splitting the crystal along natural cleavage planes.
- Diamonds have cleavage planes in four directions, making them highly susceptible to shattering when struck by a hard blow.
- Thus, the crystals have cleavage planes for the necessary migration aptitude.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.