- past & past p→ cleave1 1
- (chin)Example sentences
- Mostly, he saw Bert's fists moving rhythmically, seeming inexorably drawn to Marlon's cleft chin like magnets drawn to metal.
- Painted five years earlier, the nine children of Friedrich Wilhelm Paul Leopold of Schleswig-Holstein each shared the dark eyes and cleft chin of their father.
- Many orthopedic conditions, just like dimples or cleft chins, are just normal variations of human anatomy that don't require treatment.
- Example sentences
- The kraal had been ripped asunder, and the ground within the rock cleft and by the cave entrance was littered with dead sheep.
- A thin cleft in the rock split the ridge like a wound.
- There is an early legend that swallows and swifts hibernated in caves or clefts in the rocks.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.