Translation of clinch in Spanish:
cerrar(election)this clinched the argument
ganaresto resolvió la discusión de forma contundenteExample sentences
- After some haggling I clinched the bargain and drove away.
- After much examination and a few rounds of long meadow, the bargain was clinched for £120 pounds.
- Analysts say the Lockheed design may have clinched the contract for the company.
- The winning golden goal to clinch the match 2-1 in extra time was scored by Ahn Jung-hwan, who plays for Italian team Perugia.
- Then nippy forward Julianne O'Connell struck with a great goal which clinched victory for her team and a place in the final.
- Mobbed by joyous teammates, this goal clinched victory for Ilkley from the jaws of defeat.
- 1 (in boxing)abrazarse
enredarse en un clinchExample sentences
- He would stay close enough to always clinch as soon as Rahman set to punch.
- By clinching with Frazier, Ali prevented further damage.
- Heavyweights throw like one-two-three punches and grab and clinch and grab and clinch.
- 1 (in boxing)clinch (masculine)Example sentences
- He looked like he was losing that fight from the way I remember it, slipping to the canvas several times out of clinches.
- Neither guy tried to make a war out of it and just practiced their moves and showed their professionalism in the clinches.
- Ortega's best work through the middle of the bout came from manhandling his opponent in clinches.
- 2 (embrace) [colloquial]achuchón (masculine) (Spain) [colloquial]apercolle (masculine) (Colombia) [colloquial]apapacho (masculine) (Mexico) [colloquial]Example sentences
- Audiences were engrossed by Gilbert and Garbo's off-screen romance after seeing their passionate clinches in The Flesh and the Devil.
- It would have to be Burt Lancaster and Deborah Kerr rolling in a passionate clinch on the wet sand in From Here To Eternity.
- In fact, Derek and his terrified party hadn't stumbled on a poltergeist, but a couple in a passionate clinch who hadn't heard the ghoul-hunting crowd creep up on them.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.