Translation of cling in Spanish:
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo (past tense & past participle/pasado y participio pasado clung)
- 1 1.1 (hold fast) to cling
tosth/sb estar* aferrado aalgo/algn he was clinging (on) to his mother's skirt estaba aferrado a las faldas de su madre she still clings to that hope/belief sigue aferrada a esa esperanza/creencia they managed to cling on to the title consiguieron retener el título the boy clung on to her hand el niño no le soltaba la mano they clung together on the raft iban abrazados/muy juntos en la balsaExample sentences1.2 (be dependent) [pejorative/peyorativo] to cling (
- Call me paranoid, but I've been clinging on tightly to my handbags ever since.
- She didn't say anything, she just clung to him tightly and he pulled her through the water.
- Suddenly, Nimue put her arms around her and clung to her tightly as if she never wanted to let her go.
tosb) pegársele* aalgnExample sentences
- ‘I missed you too, but don't cling child,’ advised her grandma, ‘who's your friend?’
- If they have to cope with the loss of their friends, teachers and even parents, they will cling physically and emotionally to the remaining adults and carers in their lives.
- So it was to their mother, Margaret Marie Bragg, that the Bragg boys clung for emotional and physical nurturing.
- 2 (stick) to cling (
tosth) [limpet/vine/dirt/fluff] pegarse* or adherirse* ( aalgo) fabrics that cling to the body telas que se pegan or se ciñen al cuerpo the smell of smoke clung to his jacket tenía la chaqueta impregnada de olor a humoExample sentences
- Still the stain clings, sticks fast like the smell of sin.
- The clothes clung closely to her slender body, lending her the uneasy feeling of exposure.
- Like all other Indian restaurants I've been to, its interior decor clings closely to Indian culture.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Bonoloto is a Spanish state lottery established in 1988. The others are the Lotería Nacional and the Lotería Primitiva. As with the Lotería Primitiva six numbers are marked on a ticket showing forty-nine numbers and win the main prize if all the numbers come up in the draw.