Translation of clinging in Spanish:
- 1.1 [pejorative/peyorativo] [adult] poco independiente; [person] pegajoso [colloquial/familiar], pesado [colloquial/familiar] a clinging vine una lapaExample sentences1.2 [dress] que se pega or se ciñe al cuerpo
Example sentences1.3 [smell] que no se va fácilmente
- Through projective identification, the clinging and overtly dependent borderline partner can express the split-off dependency needs of both.
- Dependent personality disorder is described as a pervasive and excessive need to be taken care of that leads to a submissive and clinging behavior as well as fears of separation.
- She is a clinging, alcoholic, older woman who turns into the invading ‘monster’ of the film.
- Even at that she is badly served by a frumpy blonde wig and clinging dresses that make her look more like a dumpy middle-aged housewife.
- He points to her short, clinging dress and elegant heels.
- She could see his muscles ripple under his clinging shirt.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Primaria is the name given in Spain to the first of the two compulsory levels of education. It is for pupils between six and twelve years of age and leads to the