transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- hacer* tintinear we clinked glasses entrechocamos los vasosExample sentences
- Alex returns with a bottle of wine and 2 glasses, he fills then to the brim and clinks glasses with you.
- He taps her glass with a ringing clink and starts to drink the champagne, savoring the taste.
- She held the beer up like she was going to clink it to mine, but we only had one beer so I put up my fist and she clanked the beer to my fist.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- (sound) (no plural/sin plural) tintineo (masculine)
- (prison) [slang/argot] cárcel (feminine), trullo (masculine) (Spain/España) [slang/argot], bote (masculine) (Mexico/México) (Venezuela) [slang/argot], cana (feminine) (South America/América del Sur) [slang/argot], gayola (feminine) (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) [slang/argot], porotera (feminine) (Chile) [slang/argot]