- hacer tintinearwe clinked glassesentrechocamos los vasosExample sentences
- Alex returns with a bottle of wine and 2 glasses, he fills then to the brim and clinks glasses with you.
- He taps her glass with a ringing clink and starts to drink the champagne, savoring the taste.
- She held the beer up like she was going to clink it to mine, but we only had one beer so I put up my fist and she clanked the beer to my fist.
- (sound) (no plural)Example sentences
- A few coughs and clinks of glass echoed awkwardly throughout the room.
- Undoubtedly, to the steady clink of glass and ice, the word will pass: he's sound; he's one of us; he's a safe pair of hands.
- Many clicks and clinks came from the door, and then a grinding noise as it opened on old stone hinges.
- (prison) [slang]cárcel (feminine)
trullo (masculine) (Spain) [slang]
bote (masculine) (Mexico) (Venezuela) [slang]
cana (feminine) (South America) [slang]
gayola (feminine) (River Plate area) [slang]
porotera (feminine) (Chile) [slang]Example sentences
- At the very least, Noah should spend a little time in clink.
- Griffin offers this advice to other young people who find themselves in the clink: Keep your inmate number to yourself.
- File swappers face three years in jail for the first offence, and six more years in the clink for repeat offences, thus making criminals out of a large section of the US population.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.