- we clinked glasseshacer tintinearentrechocamos los vasosExample sentences
- Alex returns with a bottle of wine and 2 glasses, he fills then to the brim and clinks glasses with you.
- He taps her glass with a ringing clink and starts to drink the champagne, savoring the taste.
- She held the beer up like she was going to clink it to mine, but we only had one beer so I put up my fist and she clanked the beer to my fist.
- (sound) (no plural)Example sentences
- A few coughs and clinks of glass echoed awkwardly throughout the room.
- Undoubtedly, to the steady clink of glass and ice, the word will pass: he's sound; he's one of us; he's a safe pair of hands.
- Many clicks and clinks came from the door, and then a grinding noise as it opened on old stone hinges.
- (prison) [slang]Example sentences
- At the very least, Noah should spend a little time in clink.
- Griffin offers this advice to other young people who find themselves in the clink: Keep your inmate number to yourself.
- File swappers face three years in jail for the first offence, and six more years in the clink for repeat offences, thus making criminals out of a large section of the US population.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Today is Aberri Eguna, Basque national day, and a public holiday in the Basque country of Spain.