- 1 uncountable (from furnace)escoria (feminine) de hullaExample sentences
- The expected decrease of duty on cement and clinker from Rs 400 per tonne to Rs 350 per tonne didn't happen.
- At its peak the mix reaches 1, 450C before exiting as a hard, gritty material called clinker.
- To the extent possible, the concrete mixture should incorporate Portland cement of one type, made with clinker from a single source, and manufactured at the same plant.
- 2 countable (brick)ladrillo (masculine) duroExample sentences
- Beneath the city's dense urban forest, low walls of Arroyo Seco stone and clinker brick front brown-shingled homes with porches set under graceful overhangs.
- It will take about 1500 whole bricks, clinkers.
- Remaindered brick packs - rough clinkers, chocolate browns, flash fired silvers - were placed randomly along the south elevation, to be laid as required.
noun(American English) [slang]
- 1 (gaffe)metedura (feminine) or (in Latin America also) metida (feminine) de pata [colloquial]pifiada (feminine) [colloquial]
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.