- 1 uncountable (from furnace)escoria (feminine) de hullaExample sentences
- The expected decrease of duty on cement and clinker from Rs 400 per tonne to Rs 350 per tonne didn't happen.
- At its peak the mix reaches 1, 450C before exiting as a hard, gritty material called clinker.
- To the extent possible, the concrete mixture should incorporate Portland cement of one type, made with clinker from a single source, and manufactured at the same plant.
- 2 countable (brick)ladrillo (masculine) duroExample sentences
- Beneath the city's dense urban forest, low walls of Arroyo Seco stone and clinker brick front brown-shingled homes with porches set under graceful overhangs.
- It will take about 1500 whole bricks, clinkers.
- Remaindered brick packs - rough clinkers, chocolate browns, flash fired silvers - were placed randomly along the south elevation, to be laid as required.
noun(American English) [slang]
- 1 (gaffe)metedura (feminine) or (in Latin America also) metida (feminine) de pata [colloquial]
pifia (feminine) [colloquial]
pifiada (feminine) [colloquial]
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.