Translation of closed in Spanish:
- 1(door/window/book/flower)your eyes were closedthe door was closedtenías los ojos cerradosla puerta estaba cerrada
- 2 (not operating, trading) the factory is closed for two weeks in Julyla fábrica cierra or está cerrada dos semanas en julio
- 3 3.1(community/road/channel)(trial/session/meeting)to be closeda puerta(s) cerrada(s)
tosomethingclosed to shippingestar cerrado aalgohis mind is closed to anything newcerrado a la navegación3.2 (Mathematics)rechaza or se cierra a todo lo nuevo(set/curve/surface)Example sentences
- He proved that every field has an algebraically closed extension field, perhaps his most important single theorem.
- What I'm thinking of is a closed, known set of items and these can take many forms.
- Every uncountable closed set can be partitioned into a perfect set and a countable set.
- He also defined closed subsets of the real line as subsets containing their first derived set.
- Finally the fifth case consists of two symmetrically positioned closed curves.
- The time line dips back into the past and could form a closed curve in spacetime.
- A formula for the line integral of the geodesic curvature along a closed curve is known as the Gauss Bonnet theorem.
- The Institute was a closed society of the rich, famous and powerful.
- The terrorists seek a closed society of fear and conformity.
- It's almost impossible to gauge what they're doing because it is a closed society.
- However, she has agreed to appear before the commission on a second occasion, albeit in closed session.
- Councillors were last night in closed session considering quotes from different firms for the general repair work.
- This is not surprising because the world's elite closed tournaments are just that: closed.
- 4(case/matter)Example sentences
- Up and down Brandon Boulevard on Sunday afternoon were nothing but closed businesses.
- He declined to discuss target figures for sign-ups to the service because the company is currently in a closed period.
- They want the closed factory reopened and the payment of salaries pending for the last 18 months.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.