Translation of closed in Spanish:
- 1 [door/window/book/flower] cerrado your eyes were closed tenías los ojos cerrados the door was closed la puerta estaba cerrada
- 2 (not operating, trading) cerrado the factory is closed for two weeks in July la fábrica cierra or está cerrada dos semanas en julio
- 3 3.1 [community/road/channel] cerrado; [trial/session/meeting] a puerta(s) cerrada(s) to be closed
tosth estar* cerrado aalgo closed to shipping cerrado a la navegación his mind is closed to anything new rechaza or se cierra a todo lo nuevo 3.2 [Mathematics/Matemáticas] [set/curve/surface] cerradoExample sentences
- He proved that every field has an algebraically closed extension field, perhaps his most important single theorem.
- What I'm thinking of is a closed, known set of items and these can take many forms.
- Every uncountable closed set can be partitioned into a perfect set and a countable set.
- He also defined closed subsets of the real line as subsets containing their first derived set.
- Finally the fifth case consists of two symmetrically positioned closed curves.
- The time line dips back into the past and could form a closed curve in spacetime.
- A formula for the line integral of the geodesic curvature along a closed curve is known as the Gauss Bonnet theorem.
- The Institute was a closed society of the rich, famous and powerful.
- The terrorists seek a closed society of fear and conformity.
- It's almost impossible to gauge what they're doing because it is a closed society.
- However, she has agreed to appear before the commission on a second occasion, albeit in closed session.
- Councillors were last night in closed session considering quotes from different firms for the general repair work.
- This is not surprising because the world's elite closed tournaments are just that: closed.
- 4 [case/matter] cerradoExample sentences
- Up and down Brandon Boulevard on Sunday afternoon were nothing but closed businesses.
- He declined to discuss target figures for sign-ups to the service because the company is currently in a closed period.
- They want the closed factory reopened and the payment of salaries pending for the last 18 months.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The language of the Basque Country and Navarre is euskera, spoken by around 750,000 people; in Spanish vasco or vascuence. It is also spelled euskara. Basque is unrelated to the Indo-European languages and its origins are unclear.