Translation of cloth in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable (fabric)(thick, woolen)a lovely piece of cloth
paño (masculine)una tela preciosato be made (up) out of whole cloth (American English)ser pura invención or puro invento→ coat 1 1 1Example sentences1.2 countable (rag, duster)
also: dishclothtrapo (masculine) (de cocina)
- The other main form of visual art is silk and cotton woven cloth with elaborate and subtle patterns and colors.
- The jacket is manufactured from wool and has khaki cloth patches on the elbows.
- Now the floor was carpeted, with a long woven length of cloth that was blood red.
bayeta (feminine) (Spain)
limpión (masculine) (Colombia) (Venezuela)
fregón (masculine) (River Plate area)Example sentences1.3 countable
- Beside him there was a gleaming glass and the white cloth he'd been cleaning it with.
- Oh, and she told me I don't have to bother buying cloths for cleaning the toilet anymore…
- As each loaf comes out of the oven, wrap it in a clean cloth or towel to keep it soft until the baking process is complete.
- 2 (Religion)the clothel cleroa man of the clothun clérigoExample sentences
- At one time in my life, I respected a man of the cloth, but now I've seen the light.
- A man of the cloth commands respect. It is assumed that a man of god is somehow better than the rest of us.
- That figures of the cloth have been associated with prosecutorial misconduct and the passions of the mob is one of this case's many ironies.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.