Translation of cloth in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (fabric) tela (feminine), género (masculine), tejido (masculine); (thick, woolen) paño (masculine) a lovely piece of cloth una tela preciosa to be made (up) out of whole cloth (American English/inglés norteamericano) ser* pura invención or puro invento coat 1 1 1Example sentences1.2 countable/numerable (rag, duster) trapo (masculine)
(dishcloth)trapo (masculine) (de cocina), bayeta (feminine) (Spain/España) , limpión (masculine) (Colombia) (Venezuela) , fregón (masculine) (River Plate area/Río de la Plata)Example sentences1.3 countable/numerable
- The other main form of visual art is silk and cotton woven cloth with elaborate and subtle patterns and colors.
- The jacket is manufactured from wool and has khaki cloth patches on the elbows.
- Now the floor was carpeted, with a long woven length of cloth that was blood red.
- Beside him there was a gleaming glass and the white cloth he'd been cleaning it with.
- Oh, and she told me I don't have to bother buying cloths for cleaning the toilet anymore…
- As each loaf comes out of the oven, wrap it in a clean cloth or towel to keep it soft until the baking process is complete.
- 2 [Religion/Religión] the cloth el clero a man of the cloth un clérigoExample sentences
- At one time in my life, I respected a man of the cloth, but now I've seen the light.
- A man of the cloth commands respect. It is assumed that a man of god is somehow better than the rest of us.
- That figures of the cloth have been associated with prosecutorial misconduct and the passions of the mob is one of this case's many ironies.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Havana, Cuba has three daily newspapers. The best known is Granma(www.granma.cubaweb.cu), official newspaper of the Cuban Communist Party. Trabajadores is published by the Cuban trade union movement, and the more lively Juventud Rebelde is aimed at a younger readership.