Translation of cloth in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable (fabric)(thick, woolen)a lovely piece of clothto be made (up) out of whole cloth (American English)una tela preciosa→ coat 1 1 1ser pura invención or puro inventoExample sentences1.2 countable (rag, duster)
also: dishclothExample sentences1.3 countable
- The other main form of visual art is silk and cotton woven cloth with elaborate and subtle patterns and colors.
- The jacket is manufactured from wool and has khaki cloth patches on the elbows.
- Now the floor was carpeted, with a long woven length of cloth that was blood red.
- Beside him there was a gleaming glass and the white cloth he'd been cleaning it with.
- Oh, and she told me I don't have to bother buying cloths for cleaning the toilet anymore…
- As each loaf comes out of the oven, wrap it in a clean cloth or towel to keep it soft until the baking process is complete.
- 2 (Religion)the clotha man of the clothel cleroun clérigoExample sentences
- At one time in my life, I respected a man of the cloth, but now I've seen the light.
- A man of the cloth commands respect. It is assumed that a man of god is somehow better than the rest of us.
- That figures of the cloth have been associated with prosecutorial misconduct and the passions of the mob is one of this case's many ironies.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than