Translation of clothe in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (provide clothes for)Example sentences1.2
past tense & past participle clothed or clad(dress) [literary] the mist clothed the valley in a grey shroudel valle estaba envuelto en un manto gris de bruma [literary]see also → clad2Example sentences
- In one form or another, corporations of one kind or another feed us, clothe us and provide shelter.
- Many of them are struggling all on their own, to keep their families together, to house, feed and clothe their children and to provide them with education.
- In other words, our culture is agrarian at its foundation, farmers provide the raw materials that feed and clothe us all, and our ability to sustain this culture is critical to its survival.
- The body was fully clothed in sailing gear and was wearing a life jacket and appears to have been washed up from the Thames Estuary.
- He was reportedly found fully clothed in a black tuxedo with a white bow tie, lying on his bed.
- A slim Asian woman stood in the doorway, clothed in a white dress and carrying a laptop.
- The new administration clothed itself in garments of morality and quickly initiated a Commission of Inquiry to investigate identified cases of these charges.
- And they have the audacity to clothe themselves in the language of morality.
- In the 17th and 18th centuries, Western superiority was clothed in various guises of culture, color, and religion.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.