Translation of cluck in Spanish:
chascar or chasquear la lenguaExample sentences
- Chickens and hens cluck nearby and the cicadas start up their relentless refrain.
- The chickens clucked and scratched around his feet.
- She lived on the top floor while all her hens and chickens clucked happily on the ground level.
- I cluck my tongue at Carole, the way my grandmother clucks her tongue at me when I've said something utterly, wholly stupid.
- I'd toss out a topic and he'd cluck his tongue and point out ways my idea could be offensive and controversial.
- The maid clucked her tongue and rolled her eyes.
- 1 (sound — of hen)cloqueo (masculine)(— of person) chasquido (masculine) (de la lengua)Example sentences
- Farmers usually keep farm animals to supplement their income, but a visitor to this farm will not hear clucks or moos.
- But for the rest of us, the meaning behind creatures' clucks, rumbles, and whistles remains a mystery.
- A chorus of clucks answered the maiden when the door was opened.
- Margaret was temporarily silenced, but she still made displeased clucks as she looked her daughter over.
- He gave a cluck of sorts and began the lesson.
- He made a noise which, had he been female, would have been instantly recognized as a sympathetic cluck.
- 2 (fool)(American English) [colloquial]
idiota (masculine or feminine) [colloquial]Example sentences
- I have seen some of the responsible anti-war leaders try to distance themselves from such clucks, but not enough.
- Whether she intended to eventually marry the silly cluck or not, that wouldn't matter, because I just wouldn't like it.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.