Translation of coaching inn in Spanish:
- hostería (feminine) or posada (feminine) de postaExample sentences
- To assist the growth in coaches, coaching inns grew up along the route where fresh horses were kept and passengers and drivers could refresh themselves.
- Wimbledon Village Stables has been in existence since the early 1800s when the Dog and Fox public house was a coaching inn and the carriage horses would have been housed at the stables.
- It was a far cry from the early 19th century, when the Bridge was a coaching inn for horse-drawn travellers heading north and south on the old Great North Road.
Definition of coaching inn in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to