Translation of coaching inn in Spanish:
- hostería (feminine) or posada (feminine) de postaExample sentences
- To assist the growth in coaches, coaching inns grew up along the route where fresh horses were kept and passengers and drivers could refresh themselves.
- Wimbledon Village Stables has been in existence since the early 1800s when the Dog and Fox public house was a coaching inn and the carriage horses would have been housed at the stables.
- It was a far cry from the early 19th century, when the Bridge was a coaching inn for horse-drawn travellers heading north and south on the old Great North Road.
Definition of coaching inn in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.