Translation of coarse in Spanish:
adjective coarser, coarsest
toscosal (feminine) gruesa or gordaExample sentences
- I can see the depths of his chestnut eyes, the coarse texture of his jet black hair, and the shape of his slightly muscular figure.
- He was a rather tall boy with a head full of coarse black hair.
- Her coarse black hair was pulled into two cute pigtails, and she smiled shyly.
- Water used for domestic purposes can be easily recycled by passing it through layers of charcoal and coarse sand.
- If your soil is poorly drained, it may be necessary to put a little coarse sand at the base of the hole.
- Beneath these lies a floor of coarse granite sand and broken shell.
- At a microscopic scale, at the surface of the deposit, coarse particles roll on a deposit of fine particles as a result of particle segregation.
- Some biologic links between coarse particles and exacerbation of respiratory problems support these findings.
- Grain orientation also plays a large part in determining toughness of alloys containing coarse particles.
- His facial features were coarse, his hands were spade-like, and his feet were large.
- The male figures here, as before, are represented as coarse, even brutal in feature.
- From the servants I had heard that she was very coarse looking and rude.
- 2Example sentences
- You are never coarse or vulgar, and people who display such traits offend you.
- A crude culture makes a coarse people, and private refinement cannot long survive public excess.
- He sees a woman much like himself, a coarse merchant's daughter who guffaws loudly at a dirty joke.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.