Translation of cockscomb in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable/numerable (on cock) [Zoology/Zoología] cresta (feminine)Example sentences1.2 c and u [Botany/Botánica] moco (masculine) de pavo
Example sentences1.3 countable/numerable coxcomb
- This pie would be one containing especially fine titbits such as cockscombs and sweetbreads.
- The museum owns two masks, which are similar to the present example; they are adorned with a cockscomb and horns but no chameleons.
- Joe - black skullcap, five red spikes sprouting like a deranged cockscomb from ear to ear - had spent the night at Sam's house.
- Flower stands are jam-packed with summer's best bouquets: dahlias, daisies, cockscombs and especially lilies of all sorts in mouth-watering colors.
- Covered in dried flowers - such as cockscomb, bells of Ireland, and gomphrena - these wreaths pack visual punch on the front door or over the mantel.
- Plant hot weather annuals such as cockscomb, Madagascar periwinkle, portulaca, and annual salvias.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.