Translation of cocktail in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable (drink) he invited us over for cocktailsa lethal cocktailnos invitó a tomar unas copas or unos tragoscocktail mixerun cóctel or coctel explosivoExample sentences1.2 countable or uncountable (food)
→ fruit cocktail 1, → shrimp cocktailcóctel (masculine) de algoExample sentences
- The fight came at the end of a night's clubbing during which the prince is reported to have drunk vodka cocktails, tequila and beer.
- Just as my fellow students were intimidated by formal grammar, a lot of otherwise sophisticated people are intimidated by spirits, cocktails and mixed drinks.
- Spring is the time in her restaurant for rum drinks, cocktails with fruit and drinks with fizz.
- On the menu are such delights of Olde England: prawn cocktail, steak Diane and banana flambé
- A tempting array of starters ranged from melon, garlic bread and prawn cocktail through to pasta dishes which could have been a main course in themselves.
- Her preferences seem to rest mainly on seafood cocktails, shrimp and tilapia - a fish I normally find to be insipid stuff.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.