- 1 uncountable/no numerable (beans, granules, drink) café (masculine) black coffee café negro or (Spain/España) solo or (Chile) puro or (Colombia) tinto white coffee (British English/inglés británico) cortado (masculine) (with more milk) café con leche (before noun/delante del nombre) coffee bean grano (masculine) de café coffee break pausa (feminine) del café coffee cup taza (feminine) de café coffee filter filtro (masculine) de café coffee grounds poso (masculine) del café coffee mill o grinder molinillo (masculine) de café coffee percolator cafetera (feminine) de filtro coffee spoon cucharita (f) or cucharilla (f) de caféMore example sentences
More example sentences
- I usually just drink ordinary dark roast coffee, as strong as possible.
- He drank the rest of his cup of coffee and ground out the cigarette in the ashtray.
- Wendy's heart was pumping violently in her chest, as if she'd drunk ten cups of coffee in so many minutes.
- Despite shortages of certain items like instant coffee, sugar, and most of our milk powder, the food was lasting well.
- The value of the raw beans contained in a jar of instant coffee may be no more than a few pennies, but the final product may be sold for over £2.
- The gifts offered to health professionals amounted to a jar of instant coffee and some non-medical books.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable (color) (color (m)) café (m) con lecheMore example sentences
- Some give cooler hues of mushroom, putty or milky coffee.
- In the theme of green, male colours such as cream white, light coffee, green and brown along with soft cut and cute details give a profile of romantic woman.
- There are single, doubles, anemone-flowered forms, and an amazing choice of colour variations - from coffee through to citrus yellow.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Today is a public holiday in Chile (Día de la Independencia)