- 1.1 [History/Historia] [Military/Militar] cohorte (feminine)More example sentences1.2 (follower) (American English/inglés norteamericano) seguidor, (masculine, feminine), adlátere (masculine and feminine)
More example sentences1.3 (in statistics) cohorte (feminine)
- He replaced the existing praetorian guard with sixteen cohorts recruited from his German legions.
- Initially designed for cavalry, the fort was garrisoned by an infantry cohort of 800 men in the C2.
- Sometimes linked with Mars, he was honoured by various senior officers, by soldiers of all the legions, and by the cohort at the fort of Birdoswald.
More example sentences
- How to understand the older generation which supported Hitler and his cohorts?
- Elaine May plays Frenchy's batty sister and Tony Darrow, Michael Rapaport and John Lovitz offer able support as Ray's cohorts.
- For the easily confused, a cast directory helps you to identify all the various roles for the Pythons and their supporting cohorts.
More example sentences
- The rollback has been gradual, first offering free doctor's visits to children, then pensioners, then subsidies to various cohorts of adults - and now, it finally seems to be bearing fruit.
- Exactly how China's future cohorts of young men are to be socialized with no prospect of settled family life and no tradition of honorable bachelorhood is a question that can be asked today, but not answered.
- Modern warfare, modern weaponry is so hi-tech that if you try to run our defences on the basis of conscription, you have your professional soldiery permanently employed training successive cohorts of conscripts.
- Although biomass allocation patterns were statistically significant between cohorts during juvenile growth stages, the most obvious differences were at late-fruiting.
- Later age of onset of first drug use was significantly associated with delayed age of first treatment among all male birth cohorts and females born before 1971.
- Similarly, the association of family and school problems with early age of onset of escalated drug use was also consistent across gender and birth cohorts.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Chilean presidential palace in the capital, Santiago, is called Palacio de la Moneda.