Translation of coin in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable/numerable (individual) moneda (feminine) let's toss o flip a coin echémoslo a cara o cruz or (Andes) (Venezuela) al cara o sello or (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) a cara o ceca or (Mexico/México) a águila o sol the other side of the coin la otra cara de la moneda two sides of the same coin dos caras de la misma monedaExample sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (collectively) moneda (feminine) he paid me in coin me pagó en monedas such terms are the common coin of philosophical discourse tales términos son moneda corriente en el discurso filosófico to pay sb back in her/his own coin pagarle* a algn con la misma moneda
- As he was speaking he drew from his pocket a gold coin, a twenty-krone piece, and placed it on the table at which I sat.
- If you do not wish to spend this kind of money for the coins, the four stamps can be bought for 50 baht in unused condition.
- Though it has little tangible value in the physical sense beyond the paper it is printed on or metal the coin is made from, cash has a very real value in the commercial world.
- I then proceeded carefully to count out the entire 14 pounds 78 pence in coin, rummaging in the depths of my coin-purse to retrieve the whole sum.
- As an agent of the crown, he took foreign coin, old coin, and bullion to the Mint, where it was converted into new currency.
- When players decide to cash out, they can receive it in coin or in the form of a ticket with the amount encoded on it.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the