Translation of coincidence in Spanish:
- 1 c and u (chance happening) casualidad (feminine), coincidencia (feminine) what a coincidence! ¡qué casualidad!, ¡qué coincidencia! by coincidence he was there dio la casualidad de que estaba allí it was pure/no coincidence that … fue pura casualidad/no fue casualidad que …Example sentences
- By coincidence I was trailing two unsuspecting girls also apparently going to the show.
- By coincidence, the factory closed down in 1912, the year the Titanic went down at sea with such a huge loss of life.
- By coincidence, my friend Nat Gertler was at the same performance last night of The Producers.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable [formal] 2.1 (occurrence together) coincidencia (feminine) 2.2 (agreement) coincidencia (feminine)Example sentences
- For most of the time, this coincidence of interest was recognized.
- There is little coincidence of interest between the consumer and a state-owned utility.
- This surprising degree of coincidence of territory and national identity has been achieved in two ways.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.