Translation of coincidence in Spanish:
- 1 c and u (chance happening) casualidad (feminine), coincidencia (feminine) what a coincidence! ¡qué casualidad!, ¡qué coincidencia! by coincidence he was there dio la casualidad de que estaba allí it was pure/no coincidence that … fue pura casualidad/no fue casualidad que …Example sentences
- By coincidence I was trailing two unsuspecting girls also apparently going to the show.
- By coincidence, the factory closed down in 1912, the year the Titanic went down at sea with such a huge loss of life.
- By coincidence, my friend Nat Gertler was at the same performance last night of The Producers.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable [formal] 2.1 (occurrence together) coincidencia (feminine) 2.2 (agreement) coincidencia (feminine)Example sentences
- For most of the time, this coincidence of interest was recognized.
- There is little coincidence of interest between the consumer and a state-owned utility.
- This surprising degree of coincidence of territory and national identity has been achieved in two ways.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a gestoría is an office that deals with government agencies on behalf of its clients. It is common practice to use a gestoría to avoid the problems of dealing with Spanish bureaucracy, despite the cost involved.