- uncountable (fuel)Example sentences
- The production of charcoal by heating wood in the absence of air and of coke by heating coal in the absence of air were both well known to ancient peoples.
- The coke is oxidized to carbon dioxide, which changes to carbon monoxide at high temperatures.
- In this reaction, the decomposition products of coke react with the metal oxide to produce carbon dioxide and the pure metal.
- uncountable (cocaine) [colloquial]coca (feminine) [colloquial]Example sentences
- Coke can be hard or soft depending on whether its user is an outgoing party-boy/girl, or an unstable type who needs the coke to become an interesting person.
- Was it an implication that I am a pothead, or a coke addict?
- It was coke, it was freebased cocaine, which is like homemade crack, really is what it is, and you smoke it.
- uncountable or countable [colloquial]Coca-Cola® (feminine)Example sentences
- There are now more non-cola drinks than there are Cokes.
- Laid out on the table were bottles of alcohol, sodas, Cokes and crisps.
- Heartened by this ambience and my recent clean bill of health, I order an apple pie and a large Coke.
Definition of coke in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.