Translation of collection in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable (of evidence)(of rent, debts)
cobro (masculine)(of taxes)(before noun) a debt collection agency
recaudación (feminine)una agencia de cobro a morosos1.2 uncountable (act of fetching) the goods are ready for collectionpuede recoger or pasar a buscar las mercancíaschildren must wait for collection by their parentslos niños deben esperar a que sus padres los recojan or pasen a buscar1.3 countable (of mail, refuse)Example sentences
- From today, Tuesday, all items that cannot be disposed of in regular collections can be dropped off at the centre.
- The crisis is affecting all aspects of life in the rural community with refuse collections and postal services to farms affected by the restrictions placed on people entering and leaving farmland.
- The post office has refused to make collections from a post box but as soon as the cameras are in, I shall be writing in the hope the box will be reopened.
- 2 countable (of money) to make o hold a collection for somethinghacer una colecta para algo(before noun) collection box collection plate (Religion)Example sentences
- She said churches had raised the money both through collections at services and through coffee mornings and other fund-raising events.
- She was very helpful and had a great community spirit, always willing to help out at the Church, charitable collections etc.
- In the Old Testament, Judas Maccabeus took up a collection that he sent to Jerusalem as a sin offering.
- Furthermore, the Talmud provides a budget detailing how the Temple's collections should be expended.
- 3 countable (group — of objects)(— of people)coin/butterfly collection
grupo (masculine)colección de monedas/mariposasthe designer's winter collectionla colección de invierno del modistoExample sentences
- First, a call from the salesman to tell me the car had arrived and was in process of being ‘made ready’ for collection on Thursday.
- Household waste presented for collection in refuse sacks or cardboard boxes will not be collected by Council staff.
- Then, it must be left ready for collection by a designated collector.
- The Orkney Vintage Club's Orkney Cavalcade 2005 saw a collection of old vehicles drive around the West Mainland.
- Poland has a healthy collection of death metal bands, including Vader and Behemoth.
- Youngsters made a beeline for a table bearing a colourful collection of party hats, masks and whistles.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.