- 1 1.1 u (of evidence) recopilación (f); (of rent, debts) cobro (m); (of taxes) recaudación (f) (before n) a debt collection agency una agencia de cobro a morosos 1.2 u (act of fetching) the goods are ready for collection puede recoger or pasar a buscar las mercancías children must wait for collection by their parents los niños deben esperar a que sus padres los recojan or pasen a buscar 1.3 c (of mail, refuse) recogida (f)More example sentences
- From today, Tuesday, all items that cannot be disposed of in regular collections can be dropped off at the centre.
- The crisis is affecting all aspects of life in the rural community with refuse collections and postal services to farms affected by the restrictions placed on people entering and leaving farmland.
- The post office has refused to make collections from a post box but as soon as the cameras are in, I shall be writing in the hope the box will be reopened.
- 2 c (of money) colecta (f) to make o hold a collection for sth hacer* una colecta para algo (before n) collection box alcancía (f) (AmL) , hucha (f) (Esp) collection plate [Relig] bandeja (f), cepillo (m)More example sentences
More example sentences
- She said churches had raised the money both through collections at services and through coffee mornings and other fund-raising events.
- She was very helpful and had a great community spirit, always willing to help out at the Church, charitable collections etc.
- In the Old Testament, Judas Maccabeus took up a collection that he sent to Jerusalem as a sin offering.
- Furthermore, the Talmud provides a budget detailing how the Temple's collections should be expended.
- 3 c (group — of objects) colección (f); (— of people) grupo (m) coin/butterfly collection colección de monedas/mariposas the designer's winter collection la colección de invierno del modistoMore example sentences
More example sentences
- First, a call from the salesman to tell me the car had arrived and was in process of being ‘made ready’ for collection on Thursday.
- Household waste presented for collection in refuse sacks or cardboard boxes will not be collected by Council staff.
- Then, it must be left ready for collection by a designated collector.
- The Orkney Vintage Club's Orkney Cavalcade 2005 saw a collection of old vehicles drive around the West Mainland.
- Poland has a healthy collection of death metal bands, including Vader and Behemoth.
- Youngsters made a beeline for a table bearing a colourful collection of party hats, masks and whistles.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Sanfermines (The festival of San Fermín) is from 6th-14th July and el encierro (the 'running of the bulls'), takes place in Pamplona in northern Spain. The animals are released into the barricaded streets and people run in front of them, in honor of the town´s patron saint, San Fermín, who was put to death by being dragged by bulls.