Translation of collection in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable (of evidence)(of rent, debts)(of taxes)(before noun) a debt collection agency1.2 uncountable (act of fetching) See examples: the goods are ready for collectionuna agencia de cobro a morososchildren must wait for collection by their parentspuede recoger or pasar a buscar las mercancías1.3 countable (of mail, refuse)los niños deben esperar a que sus padres los recojan or pasen a buscarExample sentences
- From today, Tuesday, all items that cannot be disposed of in regular collections can be dropped off at the centre.
- The crisis is affecting all aspects of life in the rural community with refuse collections and postal services to farms affected by the restrictions placed on people entering and leaving farmland.
- The post office has refused to make collections from a post box but as soon as the cameras are in, I shall be writing in the hope the box will be reopened.
- 2 countable (of money) to make o hold a collection for something(before noun) collection box collection plate (Religion)hacer una colecta para algoExample sentences
- She said churches had raised the money both through collections at services and through coffee mornings and other fund-raising events.
- She was very helpful and had a great community spirit, always willing to help out at the Church, charitable collections etc.
- In the Old Testament, Judas Maccabeus took up a collection that he sent to Jerusalem as a sin offering.
- Furthermore, the Talmud provides a budget detailing how the Temple's collections should be expended.
- 3 countable (group — of objects)(— of people)coin/butterfly collectionthe designer's winter collectioncolección de monedas/mariposasla colección de invierno del modistoExample sentences
- First, a call from the salesman to tell me the car had arrived and was in process of being ‘made ready’ for collection on Thursday.
- Household waste presented for collection in refuse sacks or cardboard boxes will not be collected by Council staff.
- Then, it must be left ready for collection by a designated collector.
- The Orkney Vintage Club's Orkney Cavalcade 2005 saw a collection of old vehicles drive around the West Mainland.
- Poland has a healthy collection of death metal bands, including Vader and Behemoth.
- Youngsters made a beeline for a table bearing a colourful collection of party hats, masks and whistles.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.