- 1 1.1 (university) (especially American English/especialmente inglés norteamericano) universidad (feminine); (before noun/delante del nombre) [education/life/lecturer] universitarioMore example sentences
More example sentences
- For example, when Ataturk was bringing modern Turkey into being, he closed down all the madrasas, the colleges of further education.
- Pupils will be able to spend time in work placements and further education colleges, as well as in school.
- The college was re-opened more than a decade later as a college of continuing education.
More example sentences
- Also, men and women who did not go to college after finishing high school were not included in the sample.
- The whole system here is from high school through to colleges through to the professional leagues, is all designed to develop those top 100 players.
- At college, his professors thought he was crazy to be in school because he could make a lot more money as a bricklayer.
More example sentences1.2 (for vocational training) escuela (f), instituto (m) technical college escuela (f) de formación profesional, politécnico (m) art college escuela (feminine) de bellas artes college of further educationinstitución donde se puede cursar tanto estudios de formación profesional como asignaturas del bachillerato see also teachers college 1.3 (department of university) facultad (f), departamento (m); (in Britain) colegio (m) universitario
- Sustainable sources such as solar and hydroelectric energy are now used to power many of the university's buildings and colleges.
- Much of the mystique of Oxford lies in the ancient and beautiful buildings of the colleges of the university.
- With a few exceptions, all are students from various colleges of Delhi University and some even from schools.
- The survey looked at students who had graduated with a degree, a diploma or a certificate from a college or university bachelor's program.
- Many colleges have degree completion programs designed to help adult learners finish what they started.
- The students hail from 35 states, and the college offers associates and bachelor of arts degrees.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Lotería Nacional is a Spanish state-run lottery founded in 1812. There is an