Translation of college in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (university)(especially American English)
universidad (feminine)(before noun) (education/life/lecturer)
universitarioExample sentences1.2 (for vocational training) technical college
escuela (feminine) de formación profesionalart college
- The survey looked at students who had graduated with a degree, a diploma or a certificate from a college or university bachelor's program.
- Many colleges have degree completion programs designed to help adult learners finish what they started.
- The students hail from 35 states, and the college offers associates and bachelor of arts degrees.
politécnico (masculine)escuela (feminine) de bellas artescollege of further education(institución donde se puede cursar tanto estudios de formación profesional como asignaturas del bachillerato)see also → teachers collegeExample sentences
Example sentences1.3 (department of university)
- For example, when Ataturk was bringing modern Turkey into being, he closed down all the madrasas, the colleges of further education.
- Pupils will be able to spend time in work placements and further education colleges, as well as in school.
- The college was re-opened more than a decade later as a college of continuing education.
- Also, men and women who did not go to college after finishing high school were not included in the sample.
- The whole system here is from high school through to colleges through to the professional leagues, is all designed to develop those top 100 players.
- At college, his professors thought he was crazy to be in school because he could make a lot more money as a bricklayer.
colegio (masculine) universitarioExample sentences
- Sustainable sources such as solar and hydroelectric energy are now used to power many of the university's buildings and colleges.
- Much of the mystique of Oxford lies in the ancient and beautiful buildings of the colleges of the university.
- With a few exceptions, all are students from various colleges of Delhi University and some even from schools.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.