Translation of collegiate in Spanish:
- [life/activities/environment] (especially American English/especialmente inglés norteamericano) universitario; [university/system] (British English/inglés británico) [ constituido por varios colegios universitarios ] colegiado (Mexico/México)Example sentences
- This is an opportunity for all collegiate students to meet and socialize with one another.
- Even collegiate education will be provided and students will be guided until they find a job, says Parikrama.
- Convey's father was a collegiate basketball player and later a coach.
- In a collegiate university, of which Cambridge and Oxford are the major examples, there is a further complication.
- For his parents there is the comfort of knowing he is protected to an extent within Oxford's collegiate system.
- This lower figure though is in part due to the collegiate nature of the University.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Spain's 1978 Constitution granted areas of competence competencias to each of the autonomous regions it created. It also established that these could be modified by agreements, called estatutos de autonomía or just estatutos, between central government and each of the autonomous regions. The latter do not affect the competencias of central government which controls the army, etc. For example, Navarre, the Basque Country and Catalonia have their own police forces and health services, and collect taxes on behalf of central government. Navarre has its own civil law system, fueros, and can levy taxes which are different to those in the rest of Spain. In 2006, Andalusia, Valencia and Catalonia renegotiated their estatutos. The Catalan Estatut was particularly contentious.