Translation of collide in Spanish:
- 1.1 (crash) the two vehicles collided head-onto collidelos dos vehículos chocaron or [formal] colisionaron de frente
withsomething/somebodychocar conalgo/alguienExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (disagree) See examples:to collide (
- A youth was killed when a passenger train collided with his car on a level crossing in East Yorkshire last night.
- Another train wreck today: California freight train collided with a passenger train.
- The car was shunted backwards by the force of the impact and collided with the black Ford Fiesta directly behind it.
- Between those two opposing views, ideals collide and friendships are strained.
- But when devotion to principle collides with electoral politics, hard truths must be faced.
- It is a place where history and people and power and politics collide in ways that touch the lives of every American.
withsomebody/something) ( oversomething)tener un enfrentamiento ( conalguien/algo) ( sobreor acerca dealgo)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.