Translation of collide in Spanish:
- 1.1 (crash) the two vehicles collided head-onlos dos vehículos chocaron or [formal] colisionaron de frenteto collide
withsomething/somebodychocar conalgo/alguienExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (disagree)to collide (
- A youth was killed when a passenger train collided with his car on a level crossing in East Yorkshire last night.
- Another train wreck today: California freight train collided with a passenger train.
- The car was shunted backwards by the force of the impact and collided with the black Ford Fiesta directly behind it.
- Between those two opposing views, ideals collide and friendships are strained.
- But when devotion to principle collides with electoral politics, hard truths must be faced.
- It is a place where history and people and power and politics collide in ways that touch the lives of every American.
withsomebody/something) ( oversomething)tener un enfrentamiento ( conalguien/algo) ( sobreor acerca dealgo)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.