Translation of collide in Spanish:
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- 1.1 (crash) [vehicle] chocar*, colisionar [formal] the two vehicles collided head-on los dos vehículos chocaron or [formal] colisionaron de frente to collide
withsth/sb chocar* conalgo/algnExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (disagree) to collide (
- A youth was killed when a passenger train collided with his car on a level crossing in East Yorkshire last night.
- Another train wreck today: California freight train collided with a passenger train.
- The car was shunted backwards by the force of the impact and collided with the black Ford Fiesta directly behind it.
- Between those two opposing views, ideals collide and friendships are strained.
- But when devotion to principle collides with electoral politics, hard truths must be faced.
- It is a place where history and people and power and politics collide in ways that touch the lives of every American.
withsb/sth) ( oversth) tener* un enfrentamiento ( conalgn/algo) ( sobreor acerca dealgo)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Bonoloto is a Spanish state lottery established in 1988. The others are the Lotería Nacional and the Lotería Primitiva. As with the Lotería Primitiva six numbers are marked on a ticket showing forty-nine numbers and win the main prize if all the numbers come up in the draw.