Translation of collision in Spanish:
noun/nombrec and u
- 1.1 (crash — of cars, trains) choque (masculine), colisión (feminine) [formal]; (— of boats) abordaje (masculine), colisión (feminine) [formal] to be in collision
withsth chocar* or [formal] colisionar conalgo (before noun/delante del nombre) the two ships were on a collision course los dos barcos llevaban rumbo de colisión he is on a collision course with his party executive va camino del enfrentamiento con la ejecutiva del partidoExample sentences1.2 (disagreement) enfrentamiento (masculine), confrontación (feminine)
- Less than an hour after the Potters Bar crash three people were killed and another two critically injured in a head-on collision between two cars in Llandudno in Wales.
- Three people have died in a head-on collision between two cars in a weekend which also saw two police officers seriously injured in a separate road accident.
- The day after the air crash, he was involved in more drama when he witnessed a head-on collision between two cars.
- The episode underlined the cultural collision between the free - spirited Rainbow People and traditional Indian culture.
- It's a collision between two very different views of what constitutes ownership.
- But what Pinter's production clearly presents us with is a collision between two different forms of desperation.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to