Translation of collision in Spanish:
nouncountable or uncountable
- 1 (crash — of cars, trains) to be in collision
withsomethingchocar or [formal] colisionar(before noun) the two ships were on a collision course conalgolos dos barcos llevaban rumbo de colisiónhe is on a collision course with his party executiveva camino del enfrentamiento con la ejecutiva del partidoExample sentences
- Less than an hour after the Potters Bar crash three people were killed and another two critically injured in a head-on collision between two cars in Llandudno in Wales.
- Three people have died in a head-on collision between two cars in a weekend which also saw two police officers seriously injured in a separate road accident.
- The day after the air crash, he was involved in more drama when he witnessed a head-on collision between two cars.
- 2 (disagreement)Example sentences
- The episode underlined the cultural collision between the free - spirited Rainbow People and traditional Indian culture.
- It's a collision between two very different views of what constitutes ownership.
- But what Pinter's production clearly presents us with is a collision between two different forms of desperation.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.