- 1 [Anat] colon (m)More example sentences
- He sustained a punctured colon, a collapsed lung, and a lacerated liver and kidney.
- A second surgery the following day revealed a hole the size of pencil eraser in the colon where the two sections had been sutured together.
- Its goal is the purification and rejuvenation of the colon, because the colon is linked to all the other organs and tissues of the body.
- 2 (in punctuation) dos puntos (mpl)More example sentences
More example sentences
- But it's hard enough for some people to acquire an instinctive sense of the different uses of commas, let alone the employment of colons and semi-colons.
- Programming languages often consist of a seemingly random usage of parenthesis, brackets, asterisks, slashes, colons and semi-colons.
- In less formal writing, the dash is often a catch-all mark to take the place of both colon and semicolon, obviating the need to distinguish them or think about more subtle kinds of punctuation.
- Time is in army format without the colon between hours and minutes.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Today is Fiesta de Santiago (St James' Day). The famous Camino de Santiago, the pilgrimage of thousands of people from all over Spain and many other parts of Europe to the holy city of Santiago de Compostela, takes place in the week leading up to St James' Day, 25 July. The city also has its fiestas around this time. The streets are full of musicians and performers for two weeks of celebrations culminating in the Festival del Apóstol.