- colonial in colonial times durante la colonia, en la época colonialMore example sentences
- The chartered companies of northern Europe were eventually unable to keep up with the demands of colonial expansion, territorial rule, and provision of security.
- The Commonwealth became the regional power, exercising colonial rule in Papua, then in New Guinea and in Nauru.
- As colonial rule established itself and regions hitherto inaccessible became safe enough for plant collectors to travel in, many new bulb species found their way back to the nurseryman and then the gardener.
- 1 (colonist) colono, -na (m,f)More example sentences
- Slaves weren't colonials, they were the property of colonials.
- The borders were chosen by European colonials trying to parcel out territories; little consideration was given to the natural borders formed by the ethnic groups, which were then split by the new lines.
- Cloud Atlas begins in the mid-19th Century on Chatham island near New Zealand where a peace-loving Moriori tribe faces extinction at the hands not only of exploitative colonials but also the rival Maori.