Translation of colonize in Spanish:
- Indigenous peoples shared their land with the newcomers and eventually it became more than sharing as the settlers colonized the continent and waged an undeclared war against Indigneous peoples.
- Writer Peter Pierce believes that the fear of being lost in hostile desert or bushland has been deeply etched into the Australian psyche ever since Europeans colonised the southern continent.
- They don't necessarily need to send in troops - they send in men in suits and they colonise the place financially.
- 2 (Botany, Zoology)establecer una colonia enExample sentences
- Both grasses often colonize continuous expanses of desert, closing the open spaces that normally separate native desert plants and protect them from fire.
- This season, more than 30,000 birds, belonging to 30 species, have colonised the place.
- In recent decades, it has colonized such far-flung places as Cape Cod, and in 1999 one was captured in New York City's Central Park.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.